Finding warm, loving permanent homes for orphaned Golden Retrievers
Adopt a Golden Knoxville (AGK) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization dedicated to finding warm, loving permanent homes for orphaned Golden Retrievers to prevent them from becoming strays or adding to the shelter overpopulation. We also assist owners who can no longer care for their Goldens. AGK accepts Golden Retrievers, regardless of medical condition or age, and provides comprehensive veterinary care, including spay/neuter, and training/behavioral services. We also accept golden mixes and Labrador retrievers when possible. Our mission includes educating the public in Knoxville and East Tennessee, and specifically dog owners, about responsible pet ownership, spay/neuter, positive training methods, and veterinary specialist referrals. Our intake service area includes Eastern Tennessee, Eastern Kentucky, Southwestern Virginia, and Western North Carolina.
Based in the Knoxville, TN area, AGK is a foster-based organization with no facility. We are fortunate that Knoxville is a dog-friendly community close to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, state parks, wilderness areas, lakes, rivers, and hiking trails. Our dedicated fosters take advantage of these outdoor opportunities as they help our orphans get ready for their forever homes.
Golden News & Notes
- Save the Date! 2023 Goldens in the Park, June 8, Lakeshore Park, Knoxville, 5-8 pm. Watch our Events Page for more information.
- Now Available on our Events page – Fun Photos from Barktoberfest!
- Latest information from the Golden Retriever Lifetime Study sponsored by the Morris Animal Foundation: https://www.morrisanimalfoundation.org/who-we-are
- Curious about the origin of the Golden Retriever breed? https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/dog-breeds/behind-the-breed-golden-retriever-history/
- Due to the large number of new adoption applications received, please expect up to a four-week delay before we can begin the approval process for any new adoption application. Our application coordinators are working hard and will respond to new applications as soon as they can.
Your Donation Helps Us Save Golden Retrievers
Your tax deductible gift is extremely appreciated not only by our volunteers who help care for these Golden Retrievers, but by the Golden Retrievers themselves. They all deserve to have a healthy, happy and Golden life.